Everyone loves long, lushing and healthy hair. But very few are lucky enough to have a head full of beautiful hair. In fact Hair fall has become a common issue these days, extreme climate and blistering lifestyle in Dubai can make you worry about your hair. Today it is the most worrying and common issue among women living in Emirates.
One of the most obvious thing which could be blamed of is UAE’s desalinated tap water. Which contains substantial amount of chlorine that weakens your hair and as a result your hair starting to fall out. Secondly highly irritating factor is UAE’s weather. In hot, humid and dusty atmosphere hair becomes dry. The average moisture in hair should be around 8 to 10 per cent and losing it, makes your hair brittle.
Well! The good news is you can still control hair fall with following list of healthy tips. Previously we wrote an article for 12 best hair fall control shampoos, make sure to check it out.
UAE’s tap water contains chlorine and other metals which strips out natural oils that protect your scalp causing dry and brittle hair. Which eventually leads to hair breakage and weakening hair structure.
Therefore, one of the first thing you should consider installing a Water Filter in your shower. This removes chlorine, heavy metals and certain bacteria that cause hair loss and breakage. Washing hair with mineral water won’t solve this issue in long run.
When a person undergoes any type of change or experiences stress, their hair could respond by slowing down their growth and switching off. However, it lasts for only a few months as long as you’re going through stress or anxiety stage.
Try working around reducing your stress levels and improving your general health and well being. Your hair growth and regrowth pattern will return back to normal when your stress or anxiety levels are under control.
Poor nutrition is also a common factor that can disturb the hair’s condition. By compromising on Calories, not getting enough Proteins in your food, not taking variety of essential Vitamins, low Iron levels and low biotin you may be undermining your ability to grow a thicker, stronger and healthier hair.
To promote your hair growth include these foods in your diet. If you are suffering from eating disorders, this can help achieve the goal.
- Eggs are a great source of protein and biotin.
- Potatoes are loaded vitamin A.
- Nuts contain a variety of nutrients including Vitamin B, E, Zinc and fatty acids.
- Fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Seeds are rich in Vitamin E.
- Berries are great source of antioxidant compounds and Vitamins, such as Vitamin C.
- Spinach contains Folic acid, Iron, and Vitamins A and C.
- Shrimp is consist of Protein, Vitamin B, Zinc, Iron and Vitamin D.
- Beans are optimal source of Protein, Iron, Zinc and Biotin.
- Meat is rich in Protein and Iron.
Excessive use of hair curlers, straighteners, blow dryers and other heating tools can cause irreversible damage to your hair, so give your mane’s a rest.
When you’re opt to use them make sure to apply heat protection products in advance.
Hair Wash Routine
Change your everyday shampooing routine to once or twice a week depending on your hair needs. Because too much shampooing can suck the natural moisture out of your hair, resulting in dry, dull hair that looks frizzy.
When you are ready to wash your hair its good time to do some treatment with serum, hair mask or natural oils. Message them onto your scalp, and leave your hair in bun for at least 12 hours before washing.
Shampoo & Conditioner
Conditioners and shampoos play essential role in the hair growth and hair fall control. Therefore, I strongly recommend a shampoo that goes well with conditioner as well as your hair type, it is wise to purchase a duo.
To grow stronger hair, reduce hair fall, breakage and baldness make your scalp better and healthier. If your scalp is not healthy, your hair will never be treated well. Conditioners are essential for scalp as they lock the moisture in.
In case you’re facing intense hair fall, always go with sulphate free shampoos. However it is not a must. But you should look for gentle sulfates. We prepared a list of sulphate free shampoos here, I highly recommend to check it out.
Hair Fall in Women
There are about 50 different reasons that can cause hair fall in women. During the pregnancy and menstruation women’s body goes through many changes. Pregnant women’s should give proper attention to their diet, because sometimes hair shed during pregnancy never comes back.
Some of the other main causes of hair loss among women are dieting, drastic weight loss, heat styling, imbalance in hormone levels and low hemoglobin levels. A healthy balanced diet and high water intake can help restore hair loss. It is highly recommended to drink at least 2 liters of water a day to keep your skin and hair hydrated. Plus avoiding too much salt and high fat proportion can help grow thicker hair.
Hair Fall in Men
Hair loss is more common in men than women genetic balding is the major cause which could be passed down the line or can skip a generation. However, in some cases men could be bald even if their parents have a head full of hair in that case it could be either a genetics or poor nutrition.
Maintaining hair health by eating nutrient rich foods combined with medical treatments and right hair products can really work all together to help you get a head full of healthy and strong hair. Losing some hair is totally normal and nothing to worry about as it is a natural process and age factor highly involves in the process.
In order to prevent or at least control hair fall do the followings:
- Avoid high heat styling tools.
- Stop dying, bleaching or chemically treating your hair.
- Use only sulphates free shampoos.
- Use soft brush that is made of natural fibers.
- Last but not least try light hair therapy which promotes hair growth and repairs damaged hair.
All the tips provided in article can be applied by both genders in order to control hair fall, breakage and weakening or thinning hair.
- By gently massaging your scalp every time you wash your hair will promote circulation, resulting in significant hair growth.
- Use essentials oils containing botanical ingredients frequently such as Castor oil, Almond oil, Olive oil, Coconut oil, Argan oil, Rosemary oil and others.
- Aloe vera contains Vitamins A, C and E that contribute to cell turnover, promoting healthy cell growth and shiny hair.
- Apple cider vinegar is another good remedy to control hair loss and promote hair growth.
- Consider a good hair trimmer as hair tends to be most damaged near hair tips. Try trimming your hair once in every 6 to 8 weeks.
- Constant exposure to sun and ultraviolet rays can make your hair dry and weakened.
- It’s time to quit smoking, smoking seriously reduces circulation and blood flow to the scalp.
- If your protein and iron intake are not enough, supplements will give you a boost. We recommend Hairfinity and sugar bear supplements as they are enriched with Vitamins A, B, C, D, E, Hydralized Collagen, Biotin, Follic acid and Coconut oil.
Thank you for reading, we hope this will help you with overcoming hair loss, thinning and breakage related issues. If you have any concerns or suggestions associated with hair fall control. Please comment below and follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Google to keep your self updated with latest beauty trends and tips.